Conor McGregor has taken to social media to announce that he has accepted Dana White’s offer to face Dustin Poirier in the UFC at the beginning of next year.
McGregor had been desperate to fight before the end of the year but UFC president White said on Wednesday that they had made him a ‘take it or leave it’ offer to fight Poirier on January 23.
‘We offered him a fight, we got him his own date,’ White told ESPN. ‘We didn’t have a date this year. We have everything laid out for this year, with world champions fighting for titles.
Conor McGregor says he has accepted the UFC’s offer to fight Dustin Poirier in January
He wants to fight Dustin Poirier apparently, so we went to (broadcast partner) ESPN and got him his own date. He’s been offered Dustin Poirier on Jan. 23. It’s a yes or no answer.’
And it is seemingly a yes from McGregor, who took to Twitter late on Wednesday night.
‘I accept, Jan 23rd is on! My goal is to see this fight take place in Cowboy stadium. Proper Style! Jerry Jones is a friend and the stadium can hold our crowd.
‘I will be ready for Texas and Texas will be ready for my fans! Then Manny (Pacquiao).’
Source: Read Full Article