Don’t wait 30 years – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!
Edinson Cavani has issued a statement over his ability to Manchester United.
The veteran forward scored 200 goals across 301 appearances for PSG and had been free to choose his next path after leaving the Ligue 1 giants following the end of his contract.
The 33-year-old is now keen to take the Premier League by storm ahead of his 34th birthday in February, and he is not short of confidence ahead of his permanent move to England from France.
The Uruguay striker has told club bosses that he has plenty left in the tank ahead of his transfer to United, who look set to give up on their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund forward Jadon Sancho.
The Standard have reported that Cavani has told United that he has ‘unfinished business’ in his career.
His agent, and brother, Walter Guglielmone confirmed that his the move is imminent earlier in the week, but didn’t offer any further details about the agreement.
In a brief interview with Inside Futbol, Guglielmone said: “It’s true. There is an agreement [with Manchester United].”
United’s clash against Tottenham on Sunday is likely to be their last before the announcement of Cavani is made, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been keen to focus on the task at hand.
He said before the match: “It was a good exercise down at Brighton, it’s been a good week.
“Let’s make sure we get into the international break with a good result.
“[There were] many good performances [at Brighton] and that’s where we want to get to and need to get to, so there are players fighting for every position on the pitch.
Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan wondering who on earth could join next?
Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
“I think that drives people on and makes them improve and, to be part of Man United, you should be able to have competition and know that you have to perform. So I was very happy with what the lads did.”
Before adding of the potential battle between his captain Harry Maguire and Harry Kane: “Harry’s one of the top strikers in the world and you’re just happy that he’s back fit after the injury he had last year. We’ll do our best to keep him quiet.
“We have a Harry back there who is looking forward to that battle. Harry had a knock after the league the game, but he should be okay.”
Source: Read Full Article