'F*** me, honestly!' – Mics pick up Andy Robertson's furious rant at referee

Liverpool stars Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold both launched into profanity-laden rants at referee David Coote after he did not award the side a late penalty against Burnley.

The Merseysiders took an early lead in Saturday’s game thanks to Robertson’s superb header, though their advantage was wiped out in the second half by Jay Rodriguez and they had to settle for a 1-1 draw.

But Robertson felt he had won his side a late penalty when he was brought down on the 18-yard line by substitute Johann Berg Gudmundsson in the 85th minute.

At full-time, Robertson and Alexander-Arnold headed straight to the referee to complain about the decision – and lack of intervention from VAR.

With no fans in the stadium, BT Sport’s pitch-side microphones were able to pick up every word of the exchange with both players seething with the decision and turning the air blue as they let Coote know all about it.

‘How that’s not a penalty on me… What’s the point in having it [VAR]? What is the point in having you?’ said a furious Robertson.

‘Wait until you see it. Wait until you go in and see that and you’ll go, “How the f*** is that not a penalty?”’

When the linesman suggested the challenge was outside the box, Robertson seemed to get even more irritated, continuing: ‘Yous didn’t see f***ing anything. Yous didn’t see anything the whole game apart from f***ing booking him in the last minute.’

Robertson started to walk towards the tunnel but couldn’t let it lie, continuing: ‘F*** me. What’s the point of having yous in the middle? What’s the point of having you? Eh? F*** me, honestly.’

Alexander-Arnold was just as annoyed, saying to the officials: ‘How the fuck was that not a foul on [Robertson] by the way? F*** me. If it’s not a penalty it’s a f***ing foul then. The contact echoed around the f***ing stadium!’

Manager Jurgen Klopp criticised the lack of protection Alisson received in his post-match press conference, while he could also be heard on the mics chirping at the referee, saying: ‘Unbelievable. It was really bad, I have to say. We have to be honest.’

Follow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Source: Read Full Article

Create Account

Log In Your Account