Liverpool and Manchester United have reportedly held talks with Victor Osimhen’s new agent, who is threatening to derail his move to Napoli. The Lille striker is hot property this summer following a stellar debut season in Ligue 1 and he appeared to be heading to the San Paolo, before deciding to change his agent halfway through the deal.
Napoli have already reached an agreement with the French club over the structure of the deal, which will be an initial £45million, with a further £9m in add-ons.
Osimhen has already been to Naples where he met with Gennaro Gattuso to discuss his plans for the the Nigerian international.
The former AC Milan midfielder took over the reins from Carlo Ancelotti in December and is reportedly willing to take a pay-cut to sign the 21-year-old.
Earlier in the week Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis claimed that supporters could potentially expect an announcement on Thursday for the signing.
JUST IN: Liverpool transfer target Thiago ‘about to leave Bayern Munich for Man Utd’
However, sporting director Cristiano Guintoli has since confirmed the club are having to start negotiations again due to the player’s decision to change agent.
“Osimhen is a very good player, but there are lots of other teams who want him and we’re working on other fronts too,” Guintoli told DAZN.
“He changed his agent, so now we have to start all over again. It’s a complex and difficult set of negotiations.”
Now Italian journalist Alfredo Pedulla has claimed that Osimhen’s new representatives have tried to land him a big move to the Premier League.
Liverpool discover Thiago alternative with £26m asking price despite problematic demand
Man Utd ‘agreed’ £13m Roberto Firmino deal with medical planned before Liverpool transfer
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp told James Milner to ‘look elsewhere’ in transfer revelation
“Osimhen’s new agent has shuffled the cards, he spoke with Liverpool and Manchester United,” he told SportItalia.
“More with Liverpool. And he asked Napoli for time he wanted…”
Jurgen Klopp is on the lookout for another forward this summer but the Reds are expected to oversee a quiet transfer window.
The German was forced to pull the plug on a deal for Timo Werner at the start of June due to the difficulty of the current financial climate.
LATEST LIVE SPORT TV DEALS
Get Sky Sports for just £25 per month for 3 months
Get BT Sport for HALF PRICE
Now UEFA have confirmed that the transfer market will be open right into October, which will give clubs around the world extra time to recover from the impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
Nonetheless, Osmihen is unlikely to be on the club’s radar due to the premium figure Lille would demand upfront.
Manchester United are in the market for a new striker though and Osimhen would fit the profile that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking for.
The Old Trafford hierarchy remained focused on signing on Jadon Sancho though this summer but Osimhen is not believed to be on their radar.
This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here
Source: Read Full Article