Juventus manager Andrea Pirlo has admitted the club are unlikely to sign Luis Suarez this summer.
Earlier this month, it emerged that the Italian champions are keen to add the Barcelona striker to their squad.
Numerous reports have claimed Suarez, 33, has agreed a £9million per season contract with the Old Lady.
Barca boss Ronald Koeman has deemed the Uruguay international to be surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp, but the club is refusing to meet the forward's demands for a free transfer.
Pirlo was quizzed about Juve's pursuit of the former Liverpool man on Saturday and admitted he's unlikely to secure his services.
"Passport times are long, it'd be difficult for him to be a Juventus striker," the former Juve and Italy midfielder told the assembled media.
"We are all waiting for the striker, but we are in no hurry."
Pirlo's comments on Suarez potentially no longer joining the Serie A giants came a little over 24 hours after the hitman insisted a move to Turin could still materialise.
He told Gazetta dello Sport: "Yes, it's possible [that a move to Juve will happen]".
Juventus are said to have cooled their interest in Suarez and have turned their attention to signing Roma forward Edin Dzeko.
According to Goal, Juve are closing in on a £15million deal for the former Manchester City man, who is said to have been offered a two-year deal at the Allianz Stadium.
Juventus will be back in action on Sunday afternoon, kicking off their defence of the Scudetto by welcoming Sampdoria to the Allianz Stadium.
Barcelona, meanwhile, will kick off their La Liga season with a clash against Villarreal.
Source: Read Full Article