Man Utd have two Jadon Sancho alternatives left with Ed Woodward having week to go

Manchester United have just two alternatives to Jadon Sancho left on their radar, reports say. Ed Woodward has spent the whole transfer window trying to bring the Borussia Dortmund star to Old Trafford. But, with just a week of remaining, time is running out to land the 20-year-old.

Manchester United have made a shaky start to the new Premier League season so far.

They were abject as Crystal Palace stunned them on the opening day of the season, losing 3-1 at Old Trafford with former player Wilfried Zaha coming back to haunt them.

United were similarly bad against Brighton on Saturday afternoon, too, but secured the three points thanks to a late, controversial penalty from Bruno Fernandes.

Fans know the club need more if they’re to push Liverpool and Manchester City for the Premier League title this season, having gone without the prize ever since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.

And the Daily Mail say they’re preparing a last-gasp bid to bring Sancho to Old Trafford.

The Borussia Dortmund star was outstanding last season, clocking up 17 goals and 17 assists from 34 Bundesliga matches.

Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the summer window so far

And he’s already managed one goal and one assist from two league outings so far, despite talk of a transfer casting a shadow over his season so far.

Yet the report says that United now have just two alternatives left on their radar in the forms of Douglas Costa and Ivan Perisic, of Juventus and Inter Milan respectively.

Costa has been deemed surplus to requirements by new Old Lady boss Andrea Pirlo and was once on Ferguson’s radar.

And Inter would be willing to part ways with Perisic, who flourished during a loan spell at Bayern Munich last term as the German titans won the treble.

United did have transfer interest in Gareth Bale and Jack Grealish, while Ousmane Dembele and Kingsley Coman were also tipped to join earlier in the summer.

DON’T MISS

Man Utd have already signed perfect Donny van de Beek partner in crime

Man Utd at risk of losing Bruno Fernandes and more one day – unless they take action now

What Man Utd chief Ed Woodward thinks about Mason Greenwood and Jadon Sancho

Bale, however, moved to Tottenham on loan from Real Madrid.

And Grealish has signed a new contract at Aston Villa, having previously had his heart set on a move to Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, former United striker Andy Cole has opened up on his side’s pursuit of Sancho and expressed a belief they should use funds to strengthen other areas of their squad.

“Putting Jadon Sancho in that Man United team would not mean they win the league this season, far from it,” Cole told TEAMtalk.

“He is a talented kid, really talented, but he will not change everything for United.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

“If you don’t get Sancho and you move on to someone else. You might sign someone who could achieve more than Sancho in the long run.

“Sometimes we get caught up in big names. But the one underneath is just as good even if he has got less of a name.

“Bringing in two or three players with that money might be a more sensible route.”

United have signed just one player so far this summer, with Donny van de Beek arriving from Ajax in a £40million deal.

And Sancho isn’t the only transfer target with a week to go, with Woodward also hoping to bring in Alex Telles from Porto.

Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article

Create Account



Log In Your Account