Manchester United 'plan to leave it late to swoop for Jadon Sancho'

REVEALED: Manchester United ‘plan to leave it late to swoop for Jadon Sancho as they use the same transfer tactics that landed Bruno Fernandes… with Old Trafford chiefs hopeful of lowering Borussia Dortmund’s £108m price tag’

  • Manchester United are planning to leave it late to agree a deal for Jadon Sancho 
  • The club are set to employ the same tactics they used to sign Bruno Fernandes
  • Chief executive Ed Woodward wants to lower Borussia Dortmund’s asking fee 
  • United are looking to agree a deal that includes performance related add-ons

Manchester United are planning to use the same transfer tactics that landed Bruno Fernandes to agree a late deal to sign Jadon Sancho, according to reports.

United have long been linked with the England international and are the favourites to secure his signature but Old Trafford chiefs want to lower Borussia Dortmund’s £108million asking price.

The Manchester Evening News claim that chief executive Ed Woodward wants to make up a large part of the deal with performance related add-ons, which is the same tactic they used to sign Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon on deadline day in January.

Manchester United are reportedly planning on leaving it late to agree a deal for Jadon Sancho

The club are set to employ the same tactics they used to sign Bruno Fernandes in January

United paid an initial fee of £47m for the Portugal star with an extra £20.7m agreed in add-ons for a total price of £67.7m. 

This approach lowers the impact on the club’s finances, meaning more funds could be invested in other areas of the team. 

It would also affect the amount of money rivals Manchester City would receive, with the club due 15 per cent of any transfer over £8m.

United’s chief executive Ed Woodward wants to drive down Borussia Dortmund’s asking price

Dortmund are said to have set a deadline of August 10 to agree a deal but United are confident they can prolong the situation as one of the only clubs who can realistically afford to sign the winger. 

Woodward has previously acknowledged the impact the coronavirus crisis has and will continue to have on the club’s finances but assured they would remain competitive in the transfer market. 

Chelsea had been linked with Sancho but the Blues have already signed Timo Werner and look to be closing in on a deal for Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz, making it unlikely Frank Lampard’s side could bid for another expensive attacking star.   

The 20-year-old has had two sensational seasons in the Bundesliga with 17 goals and 17 assists in the 2019-20 campaign.

Sancho is contracted at Dortmund until 2022 and the club’s director Michael Zorc said he is hoping the winger will stay in Germany and urged people to ‘stick to the facts’.  

The England international managed 17 goals and 17 assists in the Bundesliga last season




Share this article


Source: Read Full Article

Create Account



Log In Your Account