Where Man Utd stand on 5 attacking transfer targets including Jadon Sancho

To say Manchester United have been quiet in the transfer window would be a massive understatement.

The Red Devils have, so far, only made one new addition to their squad this summer, much to the disappointment of many of the Old Trafford faithful.

Netherlands international Donny van de Beek has been the sole new arrival at the Theatre of Dreams, joining United from Ajax earlier this month for a fee of £40million.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to further bolster his squad with attacking reinforcements but has been unsuccessful in his bid to do so.

So just where do United stand in the pursuits of their top attacking targets? Mirror Football is on hand to tell you everything you need to know ahead of next Monday's transfer deadline.

`

Jadon Sancho

Jadon Sancho's name has been at the top of United's wishlist for some time now. The Red Devils have made multiple attempts to sign the Borussia Dortmund winger this summer but have had all of their approaches rebuffed.

Their attempts to acquire the England international's services have failed as they've so far refused to meet Dortmund's £108million asking price for the 20-year-old.

Get the latest Man Utd transfer news straight into your inbox!

Manchester United are looking to plot their path back to the top. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already brought in Donny van de Beek but Jadon Sancho remains Manchester United's number one target.

And you can keep track of their journey by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

Signing up is simple. Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.

United are reluctant to spend that type of cash given the financial losses they've suffered during the COVID-19 pandemic.

And unless they decide to give into Dortmund's demands, Sancho won't be leaving Signal Iduna Park any time soon.

Ousmane Dembele

United have reportedly identified out-of-favour Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele as an alternative to the pricey Sancho.

According to multiple reports, should Dortmund remain firm on their insistence that Sancho's asking price be met, United will turn their attention to signing Dembele on a season-long loan.

Dembele has fallen down the pecking order at the Nou Camp in recent months, with new Barca boss Ronald Koeman likely to sanction a transfer for him.

The 23-year-old, however, is reportedly not entertaining the idea of a loan move as he wants to stay and fight for a place in the starting XI.

Edison Cavani

Uruguay international Edison Cavani has been linked with a move to Old Trafford on numerous occasions down the years, with former Red Devils managers David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho all said to have once held an interest in signing him.

An approach for the prolific striker, however, was never made – although that could change in the coming days.

Cavani, 33, is currently a free agent following the expiration of his contract with Paris Saint-Germain and is on the lookout for a new club.

And, according to reports, United are already in talks with his representatives over a short-term contract at Old Trafford.

A deal for the former Napoli man would certainly be straight out of left field, but his arrival would give Solskjaer's side a much-needed boost in firepower.

Luka Jovic

Real Madrid hitman Luka Jovic is also reportedly on United's radar, with Solskjaer said to be keen on signing the Serbia international on a season-long loan.

Preliminary talks are said to be underway, with Real reportedly willing to let the £55million man gain more first-team football this season.

Zidane has done little to quell suggestions Jovic could be on his way to Old Trafford, saying earlier this week: "Until the fifth [of October], the market is open. We will see. The players are fine and that's what interests me."

Ismaila Sarr

Like Dembele, Watford's Ismaila Sarr has been identified as a cheaper alternative to Sancho.

It's understood the Red Devils have been in contact with the Hornets to assess their willingness to let the Senegal international leave Vicarage Road.

Watford are said to have slapped a £45million asking price on Sarr's head, a fee United would likely entertain meeting given their current desire to bring increase their attacking options.

Source: Read Full Article

Create Account



Log In Your Account